One of Kansas City Scott Gallagher’s core values is the education of both players and coaches. To support that mission the KCSG Soccer Club will budget a set amount each year from Club fees to be available for reimbursements to coaches seeking continuing education through licensing clinics, coaching seminars or other types of coaching education approved by the Board. This does not include instructional CD’s, DVD’s, subscriptions, equipment or other written materials. The following guidelines have been approved by the Board and must be adhered to by coaches wishing to obtain financial reimbursement from the Club for some or all of their continuing education:
- You must be in good standing with the KCSG Soccer Club as a coach, trainer, administrator or team manager.
- You must fill out a Request for Education Reimbursement prior to attending such event which you are requesting a reimbursement. Your request must be approved by a majority vote of the Board of Directors to be eligible for reimbursement.
- You must commit to being a carded member of the Club for at least 1 year after receiving such reimbursement.
- Coaches receiving reimbursements for earning a “National C” license or higher degree, or an equivalent degree from another licensing body (i.e. NSCAA) are required to conduct 4 hours of a free Club coaching clinic open to all KCSG coaches in the seasonal year the degree is earned.
- “Independent” coaches who do not pay KCSG Club fees, but are carding their team through KCSG for purposes of playing in KC Metro League are not eligible for reimbursements.
- Coaches dual carding with KCSG and other local soccer clubs are not eligible for reimbursement.
Reimbursement amounts will be limited by the following terms:
- New members to the Club or members coaching 2 or fewer teams are allowed to request up to $50 per year.
- Members with greater than 1 year tenure with the Club and coaching 2 or more teams are allowed to request up to $100 per year.
- Members with greater than 3 years tenure with the Club and coaching 4 or more teams are allowed to request up to $400 per year.
- Members who are representing KCSG in an event requiring Club attendance (i.e. MYSA AGM) will have their full expenses reimbursed, provided that the approximate expense amount is approved in advance by the Board.
- Directors of Coaching will be allowed $500 per year in addition to any agreed upon salary for the position.
- If a coach is also employed to coach soccer for a high school, college or university then KCSG will consider 50% of such expenses as eligible for reimbursement, subject to the criteria listed above. The remaining 50% should be requested from the coach’s employer.
- The Board, at its discretion, may allow for greater reimbursement if in its opinion the educational reimbursement will be a general benefit to the Club and the Club has adequate funds in that budget year. The Board may also set additional requirements for the member seeking reimbursement if the amounts are in excess of the guidelines above (i.e. if the coach’s teams pay a percentage of the amounts greater than the limitations above, the Board may choose to increase its reimbursement for that coach).
- The KCSG Board has final authority for approval or rejection of any request for educational reimbursement.